Price ENDS on...
|Earlybird||End on December 31st 11:59pm||$35||$35||$20|
|Ends on January 21st 11:59pm||$40||$40||$20|
|Online registration closes February 7th at 11:59pm.
You may register in person at package pickup.
** Prices DO NOT include GST or online processing fees.
THE FIRST 150 ENTRANTS ARE GUARANTEED A TOQUE
All Entry Packages Include:
- Custom Dead Cold Run Toque (not guaranteed after 150 entrants)
- Chip timing
- Eligibility for Draw Prizes
- Silver Skate Festival Donation
- Official DeadCold finisher Medal
Please note – We intentionally create our price structure so EVERY runner can get a low price early season.
The Dead Cold Run does not provide refunds or rollovers.
$5 of each entry goes directly to the Silver Skate Festival - Donate More!
The Dead Cold Run will take place on Sunday February 9, 2020.
The Dead Cold Run is based at Hawrelak Park.
Ample Parking is available in the park.
Race package pickup will occur at TBD
on Friday February 7 from 6-8pm.
Race day pickup will be onsite (Hawrelak Park) from 9:00am- 9:45am
DEAD COLD SCHEDULE
Saturday, February 8, 2020
9:00am- 9:45am Late package pickup
10:00am 5k & 10k starts
10:45am Kids DeadCold FunRun
~11:00am Draw Prizing!
* timing may change based on attendance
Please arrive within 1 hour of the race start.
You will receive notice early the week of the event on the status of the dead cold how to stay alive/warm!
The Frosty 5k - www.strava.com/routes/7578547
From our startline, you will head north onto Hawrelak Park Road and turn left. Following the roadway you will access the trails from the first pavilion. Follow the trail north-east towards Groat Road Bridge. Once under the bridge, continue along the trail to the turnaround point. Return the same way to the finish!
The Toasty 10k
The Toasty 10k will be 2 laps of the above route. The Turnaround will be don at the trailhead intersection at the pavilion before the return to finish.
True winter has actually set in (it's been a while!). We want to ensure the safety of our athletes - AND our volunteers. While athletes can dress for the weather, and stay warm through racing - volunteers stand still! We have set out the following as a guideline.
- At temperatures of -20C (without the wind-chill), the events may be run at the Race Committee’s discretion, under a modified format (such as a shortened course or a modified start time). The Race Committee will consider the temperature trends, wind chill factors, and track conditions expected during the event before making their decision.
- At temperatures below -25C, the events will be cancelled, or may be run WITHOUT volunteer support.
- At any air temperature, any difficult weather conditions such as strong winds, high air humidity, heavy snow, or icy track conditions will result in the Race Committee consulting with the leaders of the participating teams to modify, postpone or cancel the competition.
- A decision to cancel may be made prior to race day based on the forecast or snow conditions, or it may be made on race day based on current weather conditions and the forecast. Event updates and/or the final decision will be posted on our website and/or posted on the facebook page. We will do our best to notify participants via email as well.