RUN AWAY THE CHILL ON FRIDAY NITE FEBRUARY 22
**PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAD TO RELOCATE OUR EVENT TO KIWANIS MEMORIAL PARK!**
Price ENDS on...
|Earlybird||End on December 31st 11:59pm||$35||$35||$20|
|Ends on January 31st 11:59pm||$40||$40||$20|
|Online registration closes February 22rd at 10:00am.
You may register in person at package pickup.
** Prices DO NOT include GST or online processing fees.
ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER January 31 ARE NOT GUARANTEED A TOQUE.
All Entry Packages Include:
- Custom Dead Cold Run Toque with LED Night light! (not guaranteed after Jan 31)
- Eligibility for Draw Prizes
- Official DeadCold finisher Medal
Please note – We intentionally create our price structure so EVERY runner can get a low price early season.
The Dead Cold Run does not provide refunds or rollovers.
The Dead Cold Run will take place on Friday February 22, 2019.
The Dead Cold Run is based at Kiwinas Memorial Park.
Ample Parking is available in the park.
Race package pickup will occur at Brainsport (616 10th St E) from 3:00pm-5:30pm on Friday.
Race nite pickup will be onsite from 6:30pm- 6:50pm
DEAD COLD SCHEDULE
Friday, February 22, 2019
6:30pm- 6:50pm Late package pickup
7:00pm 5k & 10k starts
7:45pm Kids DeadCold FunRun
~8:00pm Draw Prizing! Look forward to an evening gathering! Details to follow
* timing may change based on attendance
Please arrive within 1 hour of the race start.
You will receive notice early the week of the event on the status of the dead cold how to stay alive/warm!
The Frosty 5k - https://www.strava.com/routes/17230633
From our startline at Vimy Memorial Bandshell, you will head north along Meewasin Trail and turn around at the 5k mark - by the train bridge and water station. Return the same way to the finish!
The Toasty 10k - https://www.strava.com/routes/17230713
From our startline at Vimy Memorial Bandshell, you will head north along Meewasin Trail and turn around at the 5k mark - just after Spadina Cres/Ravine Drive Crossing. Return the same way to the finish!
True winter has actually set in (it's been a while!). We want to ensure the safety of our athletes - AND our volunteers. While athletes can dress for the weather, and stay warm through racing - volunteers stand still! We have set out the following as a guideline.
- At temperatures of -20C (without the wind-chill), the events may be run at the Race Committee’s discretion, under a modified format (such as a shortened course or a modified start time). The Race Committee will consider the temperature trends, wind chill factors, and track conditions expected during the event before making their decision.
- At temperatures below -25C, the events will be cancelled, or may be run WITHOUT volunteer support.
- At any air temperature, any difficult weather conditions such as strong winds, high air humidity, heavy snow, or icy track conditions will result in the Race Committee consulting with the leaders of the participating teams to modify, postpone or cancel the competition.
- A decision to cancel may be made prior to race day based on the forecast or snow conditions, or it may be made on race day based on current weather conditions and the forecast. Event updates and/or the final decision will be posted on our website and/or posted on the facebook page. We will do our best to notify participants via email as well.